Saturday, May 11, 2013

My Friend Nick

One of my favorite people is my friend Nick. Everyone needs  a Nick in his or her life, and I'm one lucky girl to have the real Nick in mine. Nick and I have been friends for years and years. We don't see much of each other because he lives 3000 miles away, but when we do see each other it's the best ever. Nick is one of the most caring, kind, genuine people I know. And he's the most handsome. He's got that ability to draw you in and make you feel like you are the only one, like you own the universe, like you are the most important person in the room. Nick took really good care of me in New York. Sometimes I feel like I'm just getting by, that all I'm really good at is being awful, and occasionally writing. But Nick has the ability to know me innately and believe in my ability. Time has no bearing with Nick; he understands through to the core and comes up with a life plan so I can get everything I ever wanted from life. Then he orders for the both of us, pays for drinks and dinner and the cab home, and makes sure everything I drink is virgin. He looks out, looks deep, looks left and offers his arm. He's hard working, successful in every way, and a gentleman. He'll even give an unconditional offer of his kidney. I couldn't ask for anyone better than my friend Nick.

xoxo

1 comment: