Best of: Life Events
- I got a kitten for St. Valentine's Day. It was a gift from myself. She's so fluffy.
- In March I had a kidney transplant. That's what y'all thought I was going to say in the intro paragraph right? That would have been the obvious thing. See what I did there?
- After the transplant my job hired me on full time and gave me a ridiculous raise.
- October saw my 30th birthday with acceptance and appreciation. Appreciation that my horrid twenties were finally over.
Best of: (Best) Friendies
- Kate had a beautiful baby girl.
- Lil Steph got married.
- Mehgan got married (and got Happy, her dog).
- Lacey graduated from college (and got a dog named Kaz).
- Steph had a beautiful baby girl.
- Jamey had a beautiful baby girl.
Best of: Family
- Miss Maggie was welcomed into the family in March, making me an aunt for the 8th time.
- Liz donated a kidney to a stranger in New Jersey so I could get one from a stranger in Pennsylvania.
- Andrew is one amazing brother, all the way around. Thanks for letting your wife give me a kidney. And for working so hard for your family.
- Ben got a job promotion that came with a move to Boise for him and his family.
- Jen drove to Salt Lake from Boise with all three kids for Max's baptism.
- Tim continues to be the smartest person I know. Disgustingly genius smart.
- Corinne made it through the year with 2 kids under 2, a remarkable feat in and of itself.
- My parents are the best. If you know them, you get it.
- My adorable cousin Elysa went to see The Hunger Games with me, twice. Fueling the fire. Love it.
Best of: Movies (in no particular order)
- Les Miserables
- The Hunger Games
- Silver Lining Playbook
- The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
- The Dark Knight Rises
- Anna Karenena
- Seeking a Friend for the End of the World
- The Avengers
Best of: Music
- The Lumineers - The Lumineers
- Imagine Dragons - Night Visions
- Taylor Swift - Red
- B.o.B - Strange Clouds
- Jason Mraz - I Won't Give Up (single)
Best of: Television
- Happy Endings
- Go On
- Parks & Recreation
- 30 Rock
- Modern Family
- New Girl
- Downton Abbey
Best of: Books
- The Hobbit again)
- Catching Fire
- The Hunger Games
- Cool. Calm, and Contentious
- 4 short stories - A Scandal in Bohemia, The Five Orange Pips, The Red-headed League, A Case of Identity - and 2 novels - A Study in Scarlet, The Sign of the Four - from The Complete Collection of Sherlock Holmes
Best of: Purchases
- Ultraviolet 'Legacy' purse
- Plaid slippers
- The Tiffany & Co. bracelet my siblings and I got for my mother for Christmas
- Rosie's cat condo
- 8 inch black vinyl polka dots for my hallway
- 'Park and Follies' and 'Summer Break' skirts from Shabby Apple
- Zella 'live-in leggings' (no joke on that title. I would wear them all day, every day if I could)
Best of: Food
- Tomato Soup w/Grilled Cheese croutons
- BLTA from Sixth and Pine
- Sticky Toffee Pudding
- Burbon Bread Pudding from Good Thymes Bistro
- Christmas Eve prime rib and Yorkshire pudding
- Ghirardelli 'Dark and Sea Salt Caramel' squares
Best of: Miscellaneous
- The London Olympics
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt
- Wicked from the floor
- Getting Taylor Swift tickets as a surprise present for little miss Katie Cat's birthday next February
- Taking Max to his first Utah football game and having seats in the very center of the endzone on row 3
- Double insurance coverage
- Planning a trip to Europe
- The world scoffing at the Mayan apocalypse
May old acquaintance be forgot and I don't know the words.... May 2013 bring love, happiness, and good health to you, my friends. And if times require sorrow and pain, may you find peace in your heart and comfort in your soul.
xoxo - Sarah