My birthday is this week. I'll be turning the ripe old age of 28. Now that I'm no longer a spring chicken, I thought I'd chronicle some of the things I've done thus far in my life, so that I can start using phrases such as "Back in my day..." and "In my time..." and "When I was your age...". So here we go.
1. Put my feet in the Atlantic Ocean, Pacific Ocean, and Gulf of Mexico in the same year.
2. Went to and dropped out of culinary school.
3. Was on the front row for Britney Spears on her Circus Tour.
4. Crossed the Pond to return to my motherland.
5. Was pictured on sportsillustrated.com as a "College Football Super Fan".
6. Owned a Kate Spade bag.
7. Was a University of Utah Alumni Association Achievement Scholar.
8. Had an HGA1C of less than 7.
9. Became an "adult" by having my own health insurance.
10. Successfully kept my identity mine.
11. Learned how to play the system and get paid to go to school.
12. Inspired people to action through my life story.
13. Became a true believer in faith.
14. Began my love affair with Apple, Inc.
15. Had a real chef ask for my bread pudding recipe.
16. Buried 2 brothers.
17. Broke my back.
18. Found out who I am.
19. Became a college football fanatic.
20. Met my very best friends.
21. Discovered how much I really, really, dislike curry... and BYU.
22. Truly learned how invaluable my siblings (& parents) really are.
23. Learned the joys of living with 3 small children and how much their imagination can influence my own.
24. Became a florist.
25. Was/is an example of being true to your school.
26. Successfully received and rejected 2 transplanted organs, at different times.
27. Was Senior Class Vice President at the University of Utah, a position I never applied for.
Maybe next I can do a bucket list: 30 Things to do before I'm 30. At the top of that list will definitely be "Graduate from College" and "Move out of my parent's house again". Happy Birthday to me.