Monday, December 5, 2011

All I Want for Christmas is...

World peace. No, I'm not a beauty pageant contestant, but world peace would make things a lot easier, and a lot less interesting. I know world peace is an impossible dream, and honestly I'm not one who dreams it very often. If there was world peace, and everyone got along, there was no more fighting or disease, what would Jon Stewart have to talk about? So for the sake of "The Daily Show", world peace isn't what I want for Christmas. What I really did ask for is as follows: The Biography of Steve Jobs, Cool, Calm, and  Contentious by Merrill Markoe, and a fluffy kitten. Other than that, I don't really need or want anything. Well, there are things that I need/want, but they are a little out of reach of the normal person.

In no particular order...
  • Enough money to pay off student loans
  • The heartbreak of missing my brothers at the holidays would disappear
  • A kidney (naturally)
  • No more Medicare premiums (especially the one due on Christmas Day)
  • For my young friend Nikki and her husband Spencer to have strength, peace, and comfort during this difficult time in their lives.
  • No more hungry people
  • No more Rachel Ray or Twilight
  • Peace for the brokenhearted
  • Love for the lonely
  • Robert  Downey Jr. 
  • "Community" to be back on NBC this January
I feel like some of those things have a distinctive "Grown Up Christmas List" feel which was not my aim at all. But I really do want for there to be no more hungry people, especially kids, in the world. And if Robert Downey Jr. showed up at my house, I would not turn him away. Anyway, the point of this really, is that... oh I don't know. I guess I just hope that everyone will remember that love is the most important part of this season, even though it's fun to go to Christmas parties, find that perfect gift, convince your nephews you're getting them coal from the new "coal store" at the mall... I think John Lennon had it right. "All we need is love" this Christmas season, and all the year round. All we need is love, love, love, love, love.

I think that really is all I want for Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. Aw! Remember when we watched Love Actually on your laptop at the Humanities House? 'Cause I do. Love that movie. Also, I can't get you Robert Downey Jr. for Christmas but we could go see the new Sherlock Holmes when it comes out. Since I flaked on your for the Muppets. It comes out on Friday the 16th, the day before we go to the MoTab Christmas Concert so let me know when you're free and I shall treat you to popcorn! Happy Christmas Love!

    ReplyDelete